As name, image and likeness nears the end of its first year in existence, college athletics saw unprecedented change that will forever alter the landscape for student-athletes. Since the passage of NIL in July 2021, college athletes are receiving immense opportunities to earn compensation at institutions of all sizes regardless of their sport. Despite taking the NCAA by storm, there are still a number of institutions reluctant to promote NIL within their own athletic programs.
This leaves student-athletes to navigate a host of challenging dilemmas regarding who to trust, how to stay compliant and even how it can impact their financial aid and eligibility. Institutions that proactively help students stand to gain the most, both from a recruiting and admissions perspective. Our webinar dives into opportunities for departments across campus to provide support for the uncharted waters of NIL and how institutions should move forward.
What you'll learn:
- Why institutions should be paying attention to NIL
- The impact of NIL beyond athletics departments
- How NIL can improve gender equity in college athletics
- A first-hand look into the world of NIL from Stanford basketball star and WNBA prospect Haley Jones
- Steps institutions can take to support student-athletes
This session is most useful for:
- Athletic directors, coaches, NIL managers
- Compliance officers
- Financial aid directors
- Admissions directors and marketing
- Student-athletes and more
Watch the on-demand webinar by filling out the link below.